Sunday, April 8, 2007

FAA Potomac TRACON tour (yesterday)

I visited the FAA Potomac TRACON (Terminal Radar Approach Control) facility in Warrenton, Va yesterday. It was pretty interesting but I've been around technology like that in the past so it was not that new to me. However, I was impressed with the controllers that gave the overview, tour and the Q&A. They were very informative and clearly very interested and passionate about their jobs and responsibilities. One interesting point that they made was that they were willing to give tours whenever instructors wanted to bring students there. As a student (private pilot at KJYO) I am always interested in doing that kind of thing. They also said that controllers actually knowing the pilots in their airspace was always helpful.

No comments: