Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Citabria lesson

I just finished another lesson in a Citabria for my tailwheel endorsement. This time it was 6 landings on two small grass strips in the area. The shortest one was 1,600 feet and there were trees just short of the runway that you had to clear and then put it down pretty quickly. I had one go-around (which was good for practice) because I was a bit too fast. I also got a couple of slips in to lose altitude on final. My first landing was ok but the second was much better. I think that the reason for the improvement is I started aiming for a road just before the strip rather than looking at the strip. The weather could not have been better today. All in all it was too much fun to describe adequately.

2 comments:

Shad said...

I keep waiting for more pictures!

flyaway said...

I keep getting back about 10 minutes before the next lesson starts and haven't had time to get any more pictures. Maybe next time.