Thursday, August 9, 2007

second night flight and a friend overflies

Had my second night flight last night. This time I stayed in the pattern and worked on landings. There was a little crosswind and it was hot so it was a tiring experience (but neat). Also, while working touch and goes we got a radio call on the CTAF from an instructor that left a little while back and went to the airlines. He was in a Dash 8 in the area. That was also pretty neat. I wish there had been more time to find out what it's like making that kind of change.
On crosswind, particularly at night, I'm having trouble keeping a crab angle in once I start it. It seems that as soon as I do something else (like turn in the pattern) I tend to forget about it and have to work out the wind direction again. I also had a little aggravation last night in that I didn't adjust my seat correctly. Being somewhat tallish, it's easy to have the yoke touch my knee which I find very distracting.

No comments: