Sunday, May 13, 2007

ch-ch-ch-changes (with instructors)

I got some surprising news today. My instructor said that she had gotten a job with an airline that starts next weekend so this was her last week (and probably my last lesson with her). She and her husband both got jobs with the same airline and were both heading to 6-weeks of RJ training. I was disappointed because I had expected to do at least all of my private training with one instructor. She was getting an instrument instruction check-ride herself after my lesson so I got to ride-along with her and another instructor which was pretty interesting. She flew under the hood almost the entire time to OKV and back so I got to see full instrument flying. I'm not sure what happens with switching instructors but I'm going to find out next week. I'm assuming the new one has to get familiar with me in terms of where I am at and so on so I suppose that puts me back a little.

No comments: