Sunday, January 7, 2007

flying lesson - ground ref maneuvers and boinga boinga boinga

Today's lesson (in excellent weather) was ground reference maneuvers. We did turning around a location on the ground and S-turns. Then we did a few touch and go's when we got back. The first 2 were ok. The next was a full stop and I got my money's worth because I had 2 really good bounces (hence the ""boinga...""). This was caused by my lowering the nose too quickly so that the main gear and nose touched down at the same time (which is wrong). Still, I was way more comfortable with comms and pattern flying this time. Damn this is fun. My instructor graduated from an aviation school. When I was her age, I thought the USAF was the only way to learn to fly professionally. If I could go back to that age I would look at going to an aviation school rather than a university. I've wanted to fly my entire life but didn't pursue it once the USAF ROTC said ""your eyes suck".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or, instead of ROTC you could have joined the Civil Air Patrol. Not quite the regular USAF, but **almost**. My eyes kinda suck too but I wish I had done something like that back in high school.