Wednesday, January 17, 2007

flying lesson - flying in da hood

Went flying this morning (after discovering a dead battery in my car that kept me from going to boxing). The plane just would not start (got really cold here last night) so they brought out the heater and warmed up the engine some. Kicked over right away then and away we went. Had some chop between 2,500-3,500 so we headed up to 4,000. Once we got outside the ADIZ we did some slow flight, power on/off stalls and then out came the hood (goggles really) and I went on instruments. That was pretty neat (we both came home and they could use the plan again so I'm assuming that was successful). One thing though. while waiting for the external heater to warm up the engine I didn't ""go"" one last time. We were delayed almost an hour altogether. By the time we started heading for home I was wishing I had ""gone"". After landing (some crosswind), parking and tiedown I hurried along to the potty. I wish that they had a potty outside in the plane parking area. Then again, the world is just one big men's room so....

No comments: