Thursday, December 28, 2006

flying lesson - emergency procedures

Went for my next lesson this morning (damn this is fun). Today was emergency procedures for engine failure where you have to attempt a restart and, if that fails, find some place to land. We also worked on steep banks turns again. Things are beginning to become more familiar to me but once again, when I get busy I fail to notice things like speed/altitude/bank angle and so on. Mentally managing everything at once is still a challenge. For today, my instructor dropped the throttle to idle and I had to configure for best glide (65 kts) and look for a spot to put down. When I found the spot I started a pattern for landing and then, on the base lost where it was. Once I found it (ie she pointed it out to me again) I went through the checklist and then we went back to normal flight.

No comments: